Keeping your pet groomed and clean is very important. Brushing your pet ventilates the coat, helping it grow healthy and strong and takes away old and damaged hair. Grooming also ensures that your pet’s skin can breathe and keeps down the level of grease in the coat. Too much grease can block pores and cause irritation and all sorts of skin problems. Trimming your pets’ nails is an important grooming task that helps them stay happy and healthy. When you don’t clip your the nails, they can end up growing too long, which can cause problems with walking normally. Taking care of your pet’s ears helps prevent infections. Regular ear examinations will also catch any other problems, such as ear mites, yeast, and bacterial infection before they get worse. It will desensitise your dog to ear handling. Below are some grooming products we recommend. *These are our recommendations, please consult your vet for any medical needs.
- Dog Nail Clippers (brand not important, function is. Use scissor type, not guillotine type).
- Dremel Nail Grinder
- Furminator (many styles find which is best for your pets, coat and size)
- Shampoos (use oatmeal-based)
- Nature’s Miracle Advanced Stain and Odor Eliminator Dog
- Ear Cleaner (brand isn’t important, use one with tea-tree oil)